How to be a Successful Member!
1. Reflect on the Objects of Kiwanis
Every member was inducted with the Objects of Kiwanis as the guiding principles of our organization and as a framework to fulfill our obligations as a Kiwanian. This is the foundation of how to be a successful member.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.
2. Learn about Kiwanis International, Eastern Canada and the Caribbean (ECC) District, and Kiwanis Club of Casa Loma
- www.kiwanis.org is the International website which has everything you wanted to know about Kiwanis. Click “MEMBER RESOURCES” and then “MEMBER LOGIN’ to access Portalbuzz, for Education and Membership information.
- www.kiwanisecc.org is our District, the Eastern Canada and Caribbean District, one of 50 comprising Kiwanis International.
- kiwanisclubcasaloma.ca is our website. We are in Division 9 (Maple Leaf), one of 28 Divisions in the ECC District.
- www.facebook.com/kiwaniscasaloma is our Facebook page.
- www.instagram.com/kiwanisclub.casaloma is our Instagram.
- ki******************@gm***.com is our contact email address.
3. Contribute your time, efforts and ideas to KCCL initiatives
- Attend monthly meetings, if possible.
- Volunteer for at least 2 charitable events per year
- Volunteer to help with meetings, events, volunteer activities and the Board.
- Attend one of the Key Club events.
- Share your ideas for improvement and growth of the club, give feedback and suggestions for our enjoyable, fun and impactful charitable projects or for any new ones.
4. Share your enthusiasm for KCCL with others.
- Tell others about Kiwanis.
- Invite interested people as a guest to one of our meetings.
- Encourage people who want to build
5. Pay your dues on time and reply to emails!
Not a member yet? What are you waiting for? Apply now!
“The friendships of those who serve others are the foundation of our great Kiwanis experience.”
Are you ready to help create communities that let all children thrive, prosper and grow?